Hello my Curvy Fashionistas!! As you all know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and we have to do our part to support. It is an amazing time to give your support for those who have lived and lost a battle with cancer. I will be coming to you soon with my piece on amazing beauty lines that are doing their part to support. I am here now to let you know about an incredible event that is coming from QVC in honor of breast cancer awareness month. So without further delay, I want to fill you in on the “FFANY Shoe on Sale” event:
ANOTHER STEP FORWARD IN THE FIGHT AGAINST BREAST CANCER
18th Annual QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale” to Benefit
Breast Cancer Research and Education
This October, QVC and the Fashion Footwear Association of New York (FFANY) will take another step forward in the fight against breast cancer. In honor of national breast cancer awareness month, they will once again join forces to broadcast QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale,” a charitable shoe sale to benefit breast cancer research and education. This year’s program is scheduled to air on QVC Saturday, October 15, 2011 from 6 PM to 9 PM (ET).
The highly anticipated broadcast allows shoppers to support an important cause while enjoying a fantastic deal with fabulous shoes at HALF the manufacturer’s suggested retail price.
For the past 17 years, QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale” has sold over 1.5 million pairs of shoes and has donated more than $35 million to the cause. This year, more than 90,000 pairs of shoes from over 80 brands will be sold for half the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, with net proceeds benefiting breast cancer research and education institutions, including:
• The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• The Breast Cancer Research Foundation – New York, New York
• The Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center – Los Angeles, California
• The Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute – Boston, Massachusetts
• The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Breast Oncology Program – Ann Arbor, Michigan
• The Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Little Rock, Arkansas
• The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine – St. Louis, Missouri
• The John Wayne Cancer Institute Breast Center at Saint John’s Health Center – Santa Monica, California
The event’s three “Special Pink Benefactors,” the Nine West Footwear Corporation, the Brown Shoe Company, and Vince Camuto and Camuto Group, are each making donations worth more than $500,000, bringing shoe shoppers such brands as Enzo Angiolini, Bandolino and AK Anne Klein as well as Via Spiga, Etienne Aigner, Carlos by Carlos Santana, Vince Camuto, Jessica Simpson, BCBGeneration and LUCKY Brand. Other companies generously donating shoes include MICHAEL by Michael Kors, DKNY, Charles David, Johnston & Murphy, Cape Clogs, UGG Australia and many, many more. A special selection of additional styles will be available on QVC.com.
In addition to the October 15 scheduled broadcast, shoppers may also contribute to the cause by purchasing the “Shoe of the Day,” offered each weekday during the month of October on QVC, from 7 – 9 AM (ET), or by shopping the online collection offered on QVC.com, beginning October 1 and continuing throughout the month – while supplies last.
Shoes will be available through QVC by calling 800.345.1515 or by visiting QVC.com, while supplies last.
So my gorgeous Curvy beauties, I hope you take advantage of this fabulous event and give something back. There are beautiful items from the best brands in fashion. I highly suggest that you tune in to QVC and www.qvc.com next Saturday for this incredible event and you can purchase items all month with proceeds benefiting cancer research and education. Stay fashion forward my sweethearts and let’s keep fighting towards this amazing cause. Xoxo