@Abercrombie & Fitch Makes A Move to Plus-sizes, Close But No Cigar

es M. Baker of 'The Militant Baker'

abercrombie23n 7 web @Abercrombie & Fitch Makes A Move to Plus sizes, Close But No Cigar

Jes M. Baker of ‘The Militant Baker’ Blog Liora K Photography

As we reported earlier this year CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch, Mike Jeffries, made a bold statement saying that A&F is only for “attractive individuals”.  Now the controversial retailer that’s known for featuring scantily clad skin-ty models in its advertising, is making a big marketing shift. The company said — wait for it—-  it will offer larger plus sizes for some of its women’s clothes online in 2014.  Not in actual stores but ONLINE? Is this a win for #TeamCURVY?  Close But No Cigar Mike.

No I’m not impressed with this move and this is not a real win for our CURVY ladies.  The retailer deciding to include plus sizes online versus their physical store is a obviously a  pacifier for consumers to help boost Abercrombie’s staggering sales.  A&F’s stock is down more than 25% this year after it was reported that CEO Mike Jeffries claimed he only “wants thin and beautiful people” wearing A&F. Yes it does show the power of consumers’ voices to be able to change the clothing retailer’s marketing plan. But until you can walk into a actual Abercrombie & Fitch store and be respected then it’s really not a win. This online move to plus sizes says what good ole Mike has told us before. “…. doesn’t want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people,”  - Robin Lewis.

rs 560x390 130522100906 560.af .ls .52213 @Abercrombie & Fitch Makes A Move to Plus sizes, Close But No Cigar

Jes M. Baker of ‘The Militant Baker’ Blog Liora K Photography

Digital Marketing Expert (15yrs+). Editor of CURVY Magazine. Award Winning Producer. Geek. Stylenista.

151 Comments

1. Roxane Roxane Roxane

11/20/2013 at 6:13 PM

No like

2. Carie Turner-Chitwood

11/20/2013 at 6:14 PM

Seriously after what they said about us

3. Steve Clark

11/20/2013 at 6:14 PM

I mean…still looks good on her

4. Kesha Michelle

11/20/2013 at 6:15 PM

5. Renee LaCruz

11/20/2013 at 6:15 PM

Still not wearin it

6. Mg Mendez

11/20/2013 at 6:15 PM

Fuk dat

7. Denise Ward

11/20/2013 at 6:15 PM

A mess in my opinion not the lady . The style

8. Jessica Roqueta

11/20/2013 at 6:16 PM

Still wouldn’t buy their clothes. $50 for a white t-shirt with an itty bitty emblem on it? Pass.

9. Theresa Strong

11/20/2013 at 6:16 PM

Lol fuck that.

10. Carroline Nyhuis

11/20/2013 at 6:16 PM

Anyone say back peddle?

11. Jessica Marquez

11/20/2013 at 6:17 PM

Fat? Voluptuous is more pleasing to the ear!

12. Sue Howard

11/20/2013 at 6:17 PM

Why would you support a bigoted company that realized too late that they need us? NO FUCKING THANKS.

13. Erica Brown

11/20/2013 at 6:18 PM

Why does it have to be “and fat”? Why can’t someone just be attractive regardless of size?

14. Melissa Edwards Skudlarek

11/20/2013 at 6:18 PM

Won’t purchase their clothes online either.

15. Barbara Todd

11/20/2013 at 6:18 PM

Who cares about Abercrombie. I wouldn’t shop there even if they did sell plus sizes. My stuff is too awesome for clothes that look their best covered in Sorority, walk of shame puke.

16. Ursula Sistah Hollywood

11/20/2013 at 6:18 PM

NOW they recognize the buying power in the “plus size” demographic and suddenly showing interest?

Chile please. You still couldn’t get me to purchase or rock ANY of their apparel.

17. MacKenzie Millar

11/20/2013 at 6:18 PM

I am plus size and I wouldn’t want to support a brand that doesn’t embrace me even if they had clothes in my size

18. Tonisha Johnson

11/20/2013 at 6:19 PM

Will never purchase the brand for myself or others. If you can’t respect all shapes and sizes then you don’t deserve my $$$!

19. Carolyn Frear Hackler

11/20/2013 at 6:19 PM

In this country the average size woman is a size 14. The statement that was made by the CEO of the company that they only want “attractive people” wearing their cloths makes me sick!!

20. Sammy Stiles

11/20/2013 at 6:19 PM

Too little too late, assholes.

21. Christina MzPrettyeyes Fears

11/20/2013 at 6:19 PM

I will never buy anything from them.

22. Melissa Blackman

11/20/2013 at 6:20 PM

Its a about Damm time!!!!

23. Chrystal Fortyniners

11/20/2013 at 6:22 PM

This would be like me supporting Chik-Fil-A after they blatantly discriminated against my gay friends. Although, much of the fashion industry only caters to skinny women so, until the fashion industry changes as a whole…none of it really phases me

24. Mary McBride

11/20/2013 at 6:22 PM

They will never see me or my money EVER..

25. Nyree Harrell

11/20/2013 at 6:22 PM

This ad looks like they are appealing to trashy not classy! I would never shop there no matter how they try to appeal to the curvaceous woman.

26. Right BehindYou

11/20/2013 at 6:22 PM

Mike Jeffries really needs to feast on fifty cocks.

27. Amy McFarland

11/20/2013 at 6:23 PM

I hate shopping online for clothing so not a win in my book

28. Tom Murphy

11/20/2013 at 6:23 PM

I wouldn’t give one dime to the scum that owns that company!

29. Victoria Bauer Turner

11/20/2013 at 6:23 PM

I’m not even plus size. I wear a 13/14 in Juniors or a Large in Juniors and I won’t even shop there after that crap!!!! Screw him and his clothes!!!!

30. Nick Morris

11/20/2013 at 6:24 PM

Everyone is not attractive. Some people actually need to lose weight. I hate this “good enough” attitude. Apathy is killing this generation

31. While they’re scrambling around attempting to find out how we made lemonade out of lemons; we flip the script and turned those lemons into chocolate cake! Size Curvy is all that it’s suppose to be… FAN-TAB-U-LOUS!!!

32. Ursula Turner

11/20/2013 at 6:24 PM

What an idiot!!! He really thinks we need his approval so badly that we would come running to buy his clothes& be okay with his slogan calling us FAT??!!! HES UNATTRACTIVE INSIDE & OUT!!!

33. Bella Zamorano Garza

11/20/2013 at 6:24 PM

Im passing on their shitty over priced clothes… I dont mind paying money … for good clothes and companies that embrace our plus size beauty

34. Mendy Douglas

11/20/2013 at 6:24 PM

Oh so NOW the realize we got money and want us to shop with them….. I think not!

35. Cassie Futuremrs Banks

11/20/2013 at 6:25 PM

Still Won’t Buy!

36. Shaneel Edwards

11/20/2013 at 6:26 PM

No Thanks! I wasn’t interested in buying their clothes in the first place.

37. Jalesa Malone

11/20/2013 at 6:27 PM

First off even if they did decide to put plus size clothing in there stores or online I wouldn’t step a foot in the overly priced store or even shop online and that comment he made was wrong and he going get alot of people disliking him so now all of a sudden he wants to put plus size clothes in hes store and not even in he store he just wants to just put it online. Being a plus size women you wouldn’t catch me in that a&f boring clothing my style right now is prefect already

38. Rachel

11/20/2013 at 6:27 PM

Too little, too late. Even if their clothes were my style, I wouldn’t give them a single penny of my money after what was said.

39. Karina Arevalo

11/20/2013 at 6:28 PM

I still wouldn’t buy from them. …

40. Ericka Musicology Jones

11/20/2013 at 6:28 PM

Wouldn’t shop there anyway. They have nothing special. I have never seen something from that place and though “omg I really want that” so I’m surely not going online trying to buy it.

41. Chrissy West

11/20/2013 at 6:28 PM

@ Nick Morris why are you even on this page or post if you think larger people need to lose weight. Personally I think you need a less judgemental attitude. Guess we both have an opinion.

42. Tracy Rieker Vaughan

11/20/2013 at 6:29 PM

I will NEVER waste a dime on anything they or their affiliates sell. I hear the lost revenue already!!

43. Bethany Gagne

11/20/2013 at 6:29 PM

Is that the real logo attractive and,fat???? Are you serious

44. Jody Embrey

11/20/2013 at 6:30 PM

I love big women.

45. monika williams

11/20/2013 at 6:30 PM

That store reminds of why I love food……..don’t ever plan on shopping there

46. Rachel Surrette

11/20/2013 at 6:30 PM

No, that was what one model blogger did after he said all of that earlier this year to prove that she could still make it look good

47. Norah Kielly

11/20/2013 at 6:32 PM

Too little too late. Ironic that someone who states his clothes are only for attractive individuals would have such an ugly attitude. First he needs to learn that it just isn’t kosher to insult people because they do not fit into someone else’s ideal of what is attractive or perfect. The days when people show such open and cold hearted prejudice and ignorance should be long gone but still, many have to overcome such negative attitudes from ignorant individuals. Secondly, someone needs to let Mike Jeffries know you shouldn’t bite the hand that feeds him for who would want to line the pockets of such a narrow minded critical person? Besides, I just don’t see why his clothes would be considered all that great anyway. No matter what my size, I would not want to wear the clothes of anyone with such a poor attitude towards others.

48. Christy Lanee' Van Cleave

11/20/2013 at 6:35 PM

This does not impress me at all. First of all, there is really nothing that impresses me about the clothes in general. They are rather drab and boring and really are just knock offs of true designers that have gone before and still make classic “preppy” clothing. Second, I think it is probably too late for redemption. Not like these clothes are irreplaceable… lol!!!

49. Hernandez Mauro

11/20/2013 at 6:37 PM

Orale con la gordis jajaj

50. Tacie Sterling

11/20/2013 at 6:37 PM

Attractive and fat…. keepin it classy, I see. I am and always have been very curvy. I am healthy and happy and I love what I eat. I’ll NEVER shop at a store that drops the F bomb to describe a curvy woman.

51. Meka Boss Ladyimages

11/20/2013 at 6:42 PM

Umm No!

52. Kenya Epps

11/20/2013 at 6:43 PM

Nope..my money skinny money will stay in my fat pockets!

53. Crystal Leviner Bailey

11/20/2013 at 6:44 PM

The CEO obviously don’t know the size of an average American and isn’t running a company that their bottom line is a profit. Living in plastic world must have altered his perception of what is real. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

54. Jane Martinez

11/20/2013 at 6:45 PM

NO TY

55. Katie Fansler

11/20/2013 at 6:45 PM

is till wouldnt support a company with horrible morals. the “plus sizes” are just the tip of the ice burg.

56. Jessica Roqueta

11/20/2013 at 6:46 PM

Mmmmm Chick Fil A… I LOVE Simply Be’s clothes. Absolutely LOVE.

57. Dewana Downing

11/20/2013 at 6:57 PM

where do I even start? How about having a line of clothing and even if its tended for smaller keeping your mouth shut from such ignorant comments. I mean I dont shop there at size 20 but that crap looks good on smaller people. This is why lane bryant does not make cute stuff for size 5 :) Then when doing the add they stick a plus size girl in a white tee that is what a junior xxl? lol This is not appealing and the slogan is worse! This is obviously a joke right?

58. Shelly LeAnn Parris

11/20/2013 at 6:58 PM

What a douche!

59. Erica Brown

11/20/2013 at 7:00 PM

I just want to let every one of you ladies know. Regardless of size or clothing. You are all amazingly beautiful. <3

60. Ruth Nelson

11/20/2013 at 7:02 PM

Screw the CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch, btw he seriously got hit with the ugly stick!

61. Lynn Brigham

11/20/2013 at 7:02 PM

R u kidding.. Is this to make fun? We plus size and sexy!! This is to mock us!!

62. Christina Interiano

11/20/2013 at 7:06 PM

& fat?? gawd

63. Jennifer Joffe

11/20/2013 at 7:08 PM

No and f u!! That shirt is too tight on her, I bet they don’t have anything in her size and considers anythying over a size 12 Plus size.

64. Tiffani Klaire Newton

11/20/2013 at 7:09 PM

Two words. Hell and NO.

65. Ginny Ballard Kirkpatrick

11/20/2013 at 7:09 PM

He has no idea what sexy is! A real women’s size is 14 and up, period! These girls on Abercrombie and Holister are extreamly thin, so thin they look ill!!! Who wants to buy clothing from a girl who
    Looks like she has a eating disorder. Models these days have to be a size 0. It’s horrible. Women are made to have Boobs and Hips!!! Not BONES!

66. Sherry Cantu

11/20/2013 at 7:10 PM

I think so too. I don’t pack myself into a too small tee shirt and look like a sausage. This is making fun of large sized women. It’s because he got called out on his distaste for them, and he wants to try to say that they can’t be sexy. Well, he’s a double bagger. I’d have to put two bags over his head in case the first one broke. Thin doesn’t always mean good looking.

67. Erica Wallace-Carter

11/20/2013 at 7:11 PM

In the sign it says fat. Why would you put that, I will never shop there.

68. Judi Strait- Irby

11/20/2013 at 7:12 PM

Nope! Not interested

69. Charlene Hunt

11/20/2013 at 7:15 PM

definitely close but NO cigar – he will take the money but still found a way to not have thin people in his store – Mike , we are not dumb and attractiveness is not defined by ones size

70. Nancy Nickengs Celis

11/20/2013 at 7:20 PM

Dont make stupid richer than they deserve. Let them see if the “beautiful” can keep them up.

71. Tracey Sweetapple-Hurley

11/20/2013 at 7:21 PM

Even if they did make plus sized items for women , I wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy it because of the original comments about not marketing to plus size people. ( although there comment wasn’t as nicely put as mine)
    Abercrombie and Fitch still suck in my book

72. Irma Garcia

11/20/2013 at 7:27 PM

There’s many curvy thick big girls that are soooooooo much better looking than whom they chose…ok including myself! So many beautiful plus size models who would of rocked it!

73. HoneyWild2013

11/20/2013 at 7:33 PM

Not for nothing, and I ABSOLUTELY agree with her on the fact that until curvy women could walk into a store and purchase something, but Old Navy is the SAME way. To add insult to injury, ON USED to have plus size clothes in their stores but claimed they took that section out due to low sales. So I say we throw Old Navy and A&F into the same plus size hating boat. They don’t really want us to wear their clothes nor shop in their stores they just want our money to improve their bottom line. I don’t shop ON at all anymore for this particular reason.

74. Trish Summerfield

11/20/2013 at 7:34 PM

This whole campaign is a hot mess!!! Its like they are TRYING to make plus sizes look bad. smh…. I really wonder where this models self esteem and mind is to be the cover of the most bigoted apparel company in the world!! Does she even know that she is selling her body and beauty to be squeezed into a brand that doesn’t believe she’s good enough to wear it because of her curves in the first place?! Sad and shameful..

75. Angela Veney

11/20/2013 at 7:34 PM

Not for nothing, Old Navy is the same way. To add insult to injury Old Navy USED to have plus size clothing in the stores but claimed they removed that section because of low sales. What a bunch of bull$hit!!

76. Dragana Milincic

11/20/2013 at 7:35 PM

Seems like everything is allowed in commercials in the USA .. In Holland this would be called discrimination..

77. Sabrina Tothe ShiZaw

11/20/2013 at 7:45 PM

I refuse to support this retailer period. Forever21 ia the same the sell plus size but only online. I hate it bc they do have some cute clothes but thia is a bandaid to cover his ignorance and spike sales bc there are many plus size girls who want to wear and be like everyone else without knowing about the CEOs ignorance.

78. LiaDenise AZ Mamasita

11/20/2013 at 7:47 PM

Nope. I hope none of us Curvy ladies support this by buying in!

79. Pamela Che

11/20/2013 at 7:56 PM

Their 16 would probably actually be a 12

80. Danielle Dintino

11/20/2013 at 8:01 PM

Thanks good I would like to shop there

81. Catherine Pawsey Field

11/20/2013 at 8:07 PM

And the word fat? It’s like a compliment (attractive) then insult (fat). What about curvaceous or just have attractive??? I love to see the look on peoples faces when I ask if they have fat clothes in their shop!!!!!

82. Alisa Williams

11/20/2013 at 8:23 PM

Good luck with all that…he’s an a** and there’s nothing that they could sell that would draw me in.

83. Melissa Ann

11/20/2013 at 8:30 PM

Win or no win why would you want to support such a douche bag company. I honestly don’t get what the big deal is, unless you want to look like every other A&F wearing D-bag that is about to go boating. *shrugs*. Let the skinny people have their clothes unless LB and Torrid are going to start selling average sizes as well. We don’t always have to be equal.

84. Dianne Amor Manalo Galman

11/20/2013 at 8:37 PM

Boo!!! Not buying their sh*t! There are a lot of stores that caters gorgeous plus size pieces so I don’t really need their crap anymore.

85. Youlanda Jefferson

11/20/2013 at 8:55 PM

Seriously? ?? FAT??? Their marketing team needs to go play in traffic!!!

86. Ashleigh

11/20/2013 at 8:57 PM

What about Old Navy? Gap? American Eagle? Buckle? All these retailers offer plus sized clothing on line ONLY. And we the plus sized community still give them business. I will absolutely buy clothes from them. I like clothes and all the stuff made by Torrid, Forever 21, Wet Seal and other stores is made like Walmart clothing. Y’all are all talking shit now but just wait till you try on a pair of the jeans and they don’t fit like your mom’s/gma’s jeans. A good fitting pair of jeans is hard to come by these days. I will defiantly be giving the Abercrombie & Fitch Plus Size Line a try.

87. Shakisaha Harvey

11/20/2013 at 8:58 PM

Sabrina Tothe ShiZaw Forever 21 sells plus size in its higher volume stores. I think it depends on your location for in-store accessibility… However no matter the size, Forever 21 isn’t known for quality. There’s nothing worse than seeing a woman in poorly made clothes, and if that woman is Plus size people will presume she’s the cause of her busted seams instead of the cheap company who mass produces crap for profit<3

88. Angela Wheeler

11/20/2013 at 8:58 PM

Fail! Epic fail! Never would I ever buy anything from them.

89. Jenniffer Gonzalez

11/20/2013 at 8:59 PM

I wonder if they were on drugs when they decided to sell plus size clothing, after all that sh*t the owner said. Who’s buying that crap anyways?

90. Holly Ragan Bickmeyer

11/20/2013 at 9:01 PM

This is why I shop at Torrid. Super cute and nothing unded a size 12. Also, in their sizing system, a 12-14 is a O. So when I shop there I get to say “do you have this in a 4?” I literally almost cried the first time I shopped there BC it felt so good to have cute stuff in my size and to be able to say “I’m a 4″… love it!

91. Jeanie Schmidt

11/20/2013 at 9:13 PM

Never cared for them, still don’t. I have better things to spend my money on.

92. Victoria Potente

11/20/2013 at 9:14 PM

Wtf were they thinking???

93. Victoria Potente

11/20/2013 at 9:16 PM

I’m sick of these major brands jumping on the bandwagon to tap into the plus size market when their clothes are designed to just fit but not flatter. Support the brands that are dedicated to us…screw them.

94. Ebony Lewis

11/20/2013 at 9:30 PM

Oh now they wanna cater to plus sizes FOH

95. Ebony Lewis

11/20/2013 at 9:31 PM

They had a post out not to long back saying they clothes aren’t for fat people and they didn’t make clothes for fat people so really

96. Joyce Johnson

11/20/2013 at 9:32 PM

Wouldn’t wear their clothes if they paid me after all their nasty “fat” issues!

97. Tina Rondeau

11/20/2013 at 9:32 PM

Sorry I will not buy due to their “beautiful people” remarks

98. Sonya Carlton

11/20/2013 at 10:06 PM

It’s about time. Thank you

99. Donnie Lynn

11/20/2013 at 10:07 PM

The damage is already done!

100. Chantal Roberts

11/20/2013 at 10:19 PM

Frankly, even if he put it in his stores, we should not buy it. All it does is make an already wealthy, hateful, and deluded person more money. To give money to someone who has already verbally abused a whole population of women is like a woman going back to an abusive relation. It doesn’t change a thing! It’s like when tommy Hilfiger said he didn’t want black people wearing his clothes, so they bought it out of spite, which is the wrong move. It allows them to sit back and thing “let them, I’m making millions of it.” Just don’t buy it and let him lose millions after spending the finances to make the plus sized clothes.

101. Stephanie Cocks

11/20/2013 at 10:20 PM

Jessica Dee

102. Sandi Lopez

11/20/2013 at 10:30 PM

I still wouldn’t buy if I made tons of money….it’s the principle….big woman are just as beautiful as thin woman..

103. Angelica Burns

11/20/2013 at 10:48 PM

You know what’s wrong with Abercrombie besides their hideous clothes? “Attractive and fat”. It’s as annoying as “you have a pretty face buuuuuuut.”

104. Cindy Barrett Lemons

11/20/2013 at 11:23 PM

Why can’t it be attractive and thick or curvy….please, I wouldn’t buy something in their store come hell or high water!!!! Nope, you had your chance!!

105. Myra Carruth

11/20/2013 at 11:26 PM

2 late

106. Leah

11/20/2013 at 11:29 PM

I am not plus-sized but I wont be shopping there. There are too many other stores out there with great clothes to shop at one known for discrimination.

107. Ladie-Ms Minneapolis'Diva Mason

11/20/2013 at 11:36 PM

OOOOOOOOOH SNAPP

108. Lavander Mean

11/20/2013 at 11:40 PM

No to ABERCROMBIE! Their T-shirts are not nice for my curves!

109. Ronda Prescott

11/20/2013 at 11:52 PM

This is not an add from Abercrombie & Fitch folks the young lady in the picture did this her self to go against what the CEO said. She did a whole spread on her own to show that beauty comes in all sizes.

110. Rainey Jacobs Helton

11/21/2013 at 12:09 AM

A ton of main stream brands and stores only have plus online. Even Saks Fifth Ave has 10x’s more merch online then in store. Just as Nordstrom and Macys. Only a few racks, if the store carries it.. we plus size women will never be catered to except by just a few stores that are brick and mortar stores.

111. Kelly Hall

11/21/2013 at 12:13 AM

Cheap horrid looking crap from a cheap, horrid company/CEO.

112. Yevette Harden-Cooper

11/21/2013 at 12:14 AM

I don’t think sooo!!!!

113. Mary Noblit

11/21/2013 at 12:23 AM

Too little, too late!!!!!

114. Robert Kloosterman Kaufman

11/21/2013 at 12:42 AM

i think there remark will be damaging to there company and buisness.

115. Nicolina

11/21/2013 at 12:47 AM

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing heeps of plus size models that are drop dead gorgeous, and he picked a mediocre girl. This I find odd. To me, it’s a big joke.

116. Michele Montanez

11/21/2013 at 12:48 AM

oh now they doing a plus size line. the poster ad is offensive with the word “fat”

117. Stephanie Sivells

11/21/2013 at 1:00 AM

I wouldn’t wear their clothes even if they did fit. I won’t pay money to be insulted

118. Bree Dospoy

11/21/2013 at 1:18 AM

A&F has hideous clothes anyway. Big and fabulous ladies wouldnt stoop as low as to shop in a store made famous by one hit wonder 90s boy band LFO. Plus, it smells like the jersey shore and aids.

119. Keelie Bonin

11/21/2013 at 1:20 AM

They fell’n hit their heads right? Smh stupid.

120. Christopher Greatness

11/21/2013 at 3:14 AM

I can’t breathe when I go in there stores, way too much perfume

121. Michelle Burlinson

11/21/2013 at 3:22 AM

I’m a size 16 and I’m ok, why would I want to shop in a store that wouldn’t make me feel welcome? Stick your larger ladies range where the sun don’t shine!

122. Ronda Stevens

11/21/2013 at 4:08 AM

Too little, too late. Even when I was a size 9 I didn’t wear their clothes for this very reason. They don’t want my money when I am fat, they don’t need it when I’m fit. Now, their sales are suffering and this is why. We shouldn’t bail them out.

123. Amanda Sberna

11/21/2013 at 4:47 AM

Over priced crap …I wear an 11-12 and there stuff doesn’t fit me right.

124. Christopher Billotti

11/21/2013 at 5:56 AM

She’s not curvy, she’s obesely fat. There is a difference between the two.

125. Polgara Duchess

11/21/2013 at 7:09 AM

Nope..never..and whatever…i will not pay abuse

126. Lazabre Hicks

11/21/2013 at 7:10 AM

Offended……Clearly a smoke screen to get people looking the other way. We’re good enough for online but not in your stores. Karma ia a MF!

127. Casey Harris-Turner

11/21/2013 at 7:15 AM

Not only that but I’ve read where they take their un-sold clothes and instead f donating them, like most other companies….they burn them BC they don’t want poor ppl to wear them!!! So no A&F here!!!

128. Ulla Britt Larsson

11/21/2013 at 7:40 AM

129. Diana McInerny

11/21/2013 at 8:33 AM

A disgusting attempt to save a failing company. May A&F crash and burn!! And take the CEO with it!!

130. Yvette Perez Mattei

11/21/2013 at 9:09 AM

Not interested at all in buying anything in that stores damage done.

131. Stephanie Joe

11/21/2013 at 9:52 AM

yes, lets make a plus size section that we will sell online knowing we run like 3 sizes too small even for small dainty girls… the sales returns shall be splendid to sort through!

132. Crystal Saunier

11/21/2013 at 9:57 AM

I will never buy their brand for myself nor my kids! I hope the idiot has screwed himself well enough that the stocks plunge to 0!

133. Code Honor Prod

11/21/2013 at 11:18 AM

I like real women, not Hollywoods perception of beauty. real women have beauty inside and out and come in all shapes and colors.

134. Staci Nelson

11/21/2013 at 2:21 PM

This is y I DO NOT shop A&E

135. Staci Nelson

11/21/2013 at 2:22 PM

A&F*

136. Jenn Sevitski

11/21/2013 at 2:34 PM

Wait so Kate Upton is considered a plus size model….. So does that mean now Abercrombie is making clothes that fit a standard average American now? Not just the tiny or bone protruding girls in middle school and high school?

137. Jessica Holibaugh

11/21/2013 at 3:07 PM

Why they have to use the word fat! Not impressed.

138. Shannon Pierce

11/21/2013 at 3:21 PM

Hahaha curvy girls have way better style than wearing some ugly clothes from that store anyway lol

139. Tiffany Young

11/21/2013 at 3:26 PM

Still don’t think anyone should shop there. They’re only doing it to save the company. They’re still self righteous … Jerks

140. Mayra Garcia

11/21/2013 at 4:31 PM

wonderful shirts with write “abercrombie” ….so i’m sarcastic

141. Matthew Little

11/21/2013 at 4:56 PM

Inch by inch, it all counts.
    Any win, however small, is still a win.

142. Bella

11/21/2013 at 7:31 PM

He can go suck on a egg. Keep your scrappy clothes we dont want it. Cry me a river.

143. Isabelle Raphael

11/21/2013 at 8:04 PM

You think I’m stupid enough to shop there after all thing. He’s insane! When sales go up hes going to cancel the “fat clothes” with the excuse that its no popular .

144. Steven Sharrett

11/21/2013 at 8:48 PM

i love it!!! about time plus size girls love from big time names

145. Analisa Bowden

11/21/2013 at 9:50 PM

I’ve solved it! Let’s all go into A&F stores and try on “extra larges,” effectively stretching them out :)

146. Jess

11/21/2013 at 10:08 PM

Now, I don’t know Mike personally, but Im sure if he has anything to do with creating such a monotone, dull, creative lacking line year after year and then comes out with some stupid comment like that, we shouldn’t be doing anything to put money in his pocket. Its 2013. You think you can be a big enough pig to decide you only want skinny ladies in your store but have one in nearly every mall in America? Okay there Mike, time for a reality check big guy.

147. Jess

11/21/2013 at 10:11 PM

On a good note! I do think the small steps are always good towards plus size woman being more accepted. Just… not with A&F

148. Jennifer Rogers Renea Rogers

11/21/2013 at 10:36 PM

Shop torrid f abercrombie

149. Donna Lynn Monteith

11/22/2013 at 2:35 AM

next time give her outfit that actually fits!
    & only “fat” chicks can actually use the word fat… definetly NOT some over-priced, over-rated, superfical “store” that has catered to size 2 forever!! this “fat” girl won’t be shopping there, especially with that ad. Sorry Abercromie but total fail!!

150. Araceli Aizpuru

11/22/2013 at 4:36 AM

Estrategia ! Manipulación! No les creo nada !

151. Floyda Lynch

12/28/2013 at 11:50 AM

That’s why I just stick with Deb & Maurice stores. They have cute clothes in my size and I don’t have to be relegated to just on-line!