I’ve got a fun Halloween nail art tutorial for you today.
What you’ll need for this tutorial:
- a base coat polish (I used Cult Nails Get it On Base Coat)
- a top coat polish (I used Out the Door Fast Dry Top Coat)
- an orange nail polish (I used Orly Crush on You)
- a one coat white nail polish (I used Zoya Gaia)
- a one coat black nail polish (I used Cult Nails Nevermore)
- a short dense nail art brush and a short nail striping brush if you have one
Step by Step
- Apply base coat.
- Apply 2 coats of orange polish. I used Orly Crush on You, but a more pigmented orange would be fine.
- Paint a moon towards the cuticle area. I used Zoya Gaia, which has a slight golden cast and was perfect for the moon.
- Draw an F for the tree shape. I used Cult Nails Nevermore, my all time favorite black creme polish. It’s a perfect 1 coat black.
- Add a C to the tree if you want more branches. This gives the impression of a tree blowing in the wind. I tried adding more branches to the tree, as well as some bats underneath the ends of the branches.
- Draw V shapes and ^ shapes for bats. Add a top coat and you’re done!
Now, I’m right hand dominant, but I tried doing this tutorial on my left hand to see if it was possible, as I thought that was a way to gauge how difficult it might be. It turned out ok, but I think if you’re new to nail art, you might be better off skipping the tree.
What do you think of my Halloween nail tutorial? Would you wear it?
Products purchased by me. All opinions are my own.